Gorman Learning Center Career Technical Education (CTE) are courses that are designed to prepare students for employment.
- Career Technical Education enhances life skills such as goal setting, importance of life-long learning, creating a work ethic, significance of teamwork, effective communication, critical thinking skills and direction in life.
- Strengthens academic programs making education relevant.
- CTE courses allow for further career investigation and preparation, as well as student soft skills development.
- 95% of Career Technical Education students graduate high school, which is 10% higher than the national average.
- Career Technical Education courses within a pathway allow students to move forward within a pathway and deepen their knowledge of their chosen field.
- 78% of Career Technical Education graduates enroll in post-secondary education full-time.
Available career pathways
- Information Technology
- Health and Medical Technology
- Business and Finance
- Arts, Media, and Entertainment
- Education and Child Dev
- Multiple Pathways
Introduction to Game Design
- Game/Simulation Designer
- Game Programmer
- Game Software Developer
- Game Producer
- Multimedia Artist and Animator
- Security Consultant
- Information Security Analyst
- Ethical Hackers.
- Computer Forensics Analysts.
- Chief Information Security Officer.
- Penetration Tester.
- IT Security Consultant.
- Security Systems Administrator
Introduction to Information & Comm Tech.
- Database Administrator
- Computer and Information Systems Manager
- Computer User Support Specialist
- Document Management
- Specialist Business Intelligence Analyst
- Medical Transcription
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Medical Secretary
- Health Information or Medical Records Clerk
Anatomy and Physiology
- Medical Illustrator
- Health Educator
- Medical Scribe
- Technical Writer
Introduction to Business Finance
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Investment Consultant
- Tax Preparer Auditor
- Business Owner
- Business consultant
- Portrait Photographer
- Scientific Photographer
- Freelance Photographer
- Digital Animator Artistic
- Commercial Artisist
- Web Designer
- Museum Curator
Introduction to Dance
- Music Arranger
- Performing Artist Singer
- Actor (e.g., Stage, Film, Video, DVD) Theater Production Lab
Introduction to Professional Theater A & Professional Theater 2 A & B
- Talent Management Theatrical
- Event Planner Adv. Prof. Theater, Internship
- Stage Manager/Production Manager Video Production 1
- Broadcast Technician Theater Management
- Film Education
- Film Internship
- Sound/Lighting Sound/Lighting (Internships)
Working with Children
- Before/Afterschool Program Aide
- Primary/Secondary School Teacher
- School Counselor
- Educational Administrator
- Speech Therapist
- To Work with Children in ANY Manner
Career Exploration (Grades 7-12)
- Multiple Careers