Giving students extra academic support and a safe, fun place to learn, grow, and build friendships
At Gorman, students have the option of attending one of our three local resource centers or our Virtual Resource Center. The resource centers provide students and families with extra academic support, enrichment courses, and supplemental lessons. It’s also where we host workshops that foster student growth, development, and socialization.
Our students feel cared for and supported while they are at our resource centers, and families rest assured knowing they have a large support system available to help their students.
Fostering student growth, development, and socialization
Our local resource centers offer the social interaction and group work experiences that are rarely found in independent study programs!
Students can participate in workshops—both academic and enrichment—that support and enhance lessons assigned by our students’ Personalized Learning Teachers. Each workshop allows students to participate in project-based lessons that apply their knowledge of the content standards to solve real-world problems.
Our academic and enrichment workshops create a well-rounded, diverse, and personalized education for students at all academic levels!
- All Core A-G Courses: English, History, Math, Science, Spanish, American Sign Language, Art, and more
- Tutoring: Both 1:1 and small group support
- Career and Technical Education (CTE) courses
- Visual and Performing Arts (VAPA): formals, prom, and graduation
- PE workshops: team sports and wellness classes
- Social student clubs: leadership, community service, etc.
- Associated Student Body (ASB) leadership opportunities: yearbook, computer classes, and more
- Fun family events
- Game nights and movie nights
We have three local resource centers, each with their own workshop schedules.
Please note options may vary at each resource center location. Please call for more information.