Complaints, Contacts, and Title IX
Informal Complaint Process & Contacts
Gorman Learning Charter Network (GLCN) is determined to resolve issues as quickly as possible and at an informal level. We request all complaints are to be initiated at the earliest level. The initial step should begin with the immediate supervisor of the department, school site, or program. If those attempts fail to find resolution, GLCN has put processes into motion to assist with resolution through a formal level.
- Complaints concerning personnel (certificated staff or non-certificated staff) are to be addressed to their immediate supervisor.
- Complaints concerning educations programs are to be directed to the appropriate department, director or person in charge of said program.
- Complaints concerning school administrators (directors, coordinators, etc.) are to be directed to the appropriate supervisor. (See Step 2: Forman Complaint Process and Contacts for Title IX and Gender Equity complaints.)
If you need further assistance as to the process to pursue an informal process, please call Human Resources at (909) 307-6312.
Formal Complaint Process & Contacts
If the above steps have been taken to file a complaint through the informal process, we are here to assist.
Below are the Board Policies to assist you with determining what type of complaint process you may want to file under. Please review the documents and proceed with filing the appropriate form. Again, please understand, these forms are only necessary if you wish to pursue the formal complaint process.
Board Approved Policies Related to Complaints, Discrimination, and Title IX
BOARD APPROVED POLICIES
1000.3 – Rules of Conduct
1000.4 – Goals for the School
3002.8 – Nondiscrimination in School Programs and Activities
5003.2 – Freedom of Expression
Please click on the below link for the GLCN Parent Student Handbook – information on the complaint policy can be found on page 53:
GLCN Parent Student Handbook
United States Department of Education Office for Civil Rights Complaint Form
- 1000.3.Mission.Rules of Conduct
- 1000.4.Mission.Goals for the School
- 3002.8.Planning.Nondiscrimination in School Programs and Activities
- 5003.2.Behavior.Freedom of Expression
- 7002.14.Rights of Employees.Grievance
- 7004.6.Standards.Prohibition of Harassment
- Uniform Complaint Policy and Procedures
- 2_Gorman Joint School District Complaint Form vs 2Gorman Joint School District
- 2_Lucerne Valley Unified Complaint Form vs 2Lucerne Valley Unified Complaint Form