Thank you for your interest in becoming a Community Partner with Gorman Learning Charter Network (GLCN). On this Webpage is information about our Vendor Course Instruction (VCI) program that will answer many of the questions you may have.
Community Partner Requirements
- Be open to the public.
- Have a business license, where required.
- Have liability insurance for a minimum of $1,000,000.
- Willing to accept Purchase Orders (PO).
- Submit invoice after contracted services are rendered. See Billing Procedures.
- A designated representative for the organization must clear Live Scan through the Department of Justice for GLCN.
- Form will be provided upon approval
- Note: Employers with an ORI number are still required to have a designated representative scanned through Gorman’s Human Resources Department.
- Employers must be Applicant Agency with the Department of Justice conducting criminal background checks of all applicants, contractors, employees, and volunteers who have contact with students through the organization. To find out more information please visit http://oag.ca.gov/fingerprints/agencies
If you would like to apply for partnership, please complete and provide the following forms and documents
- Current Business License or if you do not have a Business License a
- Resume with a letter explaining why a Business License is not required
- Proof of Current Liability Insurance
- Driver’s license
- Employers must provide
- The Department of Justice (DOJ) Certification Letter with your ORI#
*All forms and documents must be submitted before approval*
Email documents to: email@example.com
Mail documents to:
Gorman Learning Charter Network VCI
1826 Orange Tree Lane
Redlands, CA 92374
Need more information?
- VCI General Information
- VCI Billing Procedures
- VCI Partner FAQs 2020-2021
- VCI Liability Insurance Requirement
- Notice To Contractors DOJ Records Check
- List of Current Community Partners
For additional questions, please contact Amber Ross, firstname.lastname@example.org or 909-307-6312 Ext. 4517 in our Redlands business office. Available Monday thru Thursday 7 am to 5:30 pm
Vendor Course Instruction (VCI) is the use of extracurricular activities to supplement and enrich core curriculum content. A Community Partner is an individual or a company that partners with Gorman Learning Charter Network (GLCN) to provide services such as tutoring, science labs, and performing arts classes.
Educational Units are assigned to each student for use towards any curriculum or services they may need to create a personalized learning plan. The number of units assigned may vary by year and in accordance with Gorman’s budget.
VCI Policy at a Glance
- The PLT actively manages the student’s use of Educational Units by ensuring that the student is using his/her units in accordance with a personalized learning plan.
- Services must be provided by an approved Community Partner.
- The student must have a purchase order to start and/or continue services with a Community Partner.
- Parent/Student are advised to contact the partner to confirm receipt of purchase order before beginning or continuing services.
- VCI does not pay for registration and/or material fees [Ed. Code. 51747.3].
- Any amount owed to the partner that exceeds the student’s approved purchase order is not the responsibility of Gorman Learning Charter Network
For additional information, please contact Amber Ross, email@example.com or 909-307-6312 Ext. 4517 in our Redlands business office. Available Monday thru Thursday 7 am to 5:30 pm